About Me

I love to eat, read, bake, look at interior blogs and books,talk, run outdoors, travel, safari, landscapes, nature, trees and flowers, lavender and Jasmin smells, going for walks in old towns and windy cobbled streets, get lost in bazaars, shop, hike, knit, decorate and re-decorate.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Welcome to the Vortex

We all have our own vortexes. A vortex is a state of ‘being.’ It is a departure from the self. You might think that I am talking psychobabble, and you may not be far from the truth – but it is ‘a little’ true, I have investigated this! We all have moments were we detach from reality and go some place more magical. I think I am lucky – knock on wood! – but I have many of those moments where I suddenly find myself a little out of reality. A LITTLE. I get a moment that is brushed with enchantment. Those moments come to me when I am having a great conversation with an old friend; when I’m out in nature and butterflies flutter around me I feel like I’m in wonderland; and of course, that old and exquisite feeling you get when you are sitting with your partner. When the vortex happens, I know it is happening because all of a sudden it is as if hundreds of infinitesimal sparkles fill the air between me and my sweetheart, like a pull, I am drawn by invisible strings. I want to hold onto the vortex for as long as possible, but just as it spontaneously comes, it disappears. It is so fleeting in nature. I wish I could bottle it, but it can’t be bottled. So instead, I’m writing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I love

  • Rumi In the Arms of the beloved