About Me

I love to eat, read, bake, look at interior blogs and books,talk, run outdoors, travel, safari, landscapes, nature, trees and flowers, lavender and Jasmin smells, going for walks in old towns and windy cobbled streets, get lost in bazaars, shop, hike, knit, decorate and re-decorate.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Every day cannot be a feast of lanterns

My sister Dina just came back from China, and she brought back with her some ancient wisdom packaged in a book on Chinese proverbs. The Chinese believed that Sour, sweet, bitter, and pungent, must all be tasted in the journey of life.

In English, it means that there is a variety of days…the good, the bad and the ugly.

Now…people…how is it that an intelligent person such as myself  get astonished when every so often I am faced with the notorious “bad day.” Surely, every day can not, and should not be a feast of lanterns! I know this, and everyone I know, knows this, but still, today I stand surprised.

I am feeling gloomy. I shall spare you the reason, suffice it to say that today is a gloomy day.

The good news is that I am tasting the journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I love

  • Rumi In the Arms of the beloved